Northern Lights Main
Northern Lights Registration
Pre-Registrations for both Entrants
or Non-Entrants should be sent to:
Lord Robert Toxophilus
389 Voghell Road
Randolph, Vermont 05060
Research Papers, Reports,
Written Prose or Poetry to:
Lord Tiberius Iulius Rufus
( Jason Di Giulio )
PO Box 471,
Sheffield, VT 05866
See contact information above,
Lady Allyson Knutcrusher
The Categories for XIX, 2010
Competitors please note that the categories stayed roughly the same as they were last year. Please double check that you've got the correct category number and name. It helps in the registration process. Thanks so much.
The categories are grouped here solely for my convenience. The groups have no other meaning. Penthathlon participants must enter in five numbered categories - regardless of the groupings. So, for example, entries in 1. Costuming and 7. Headwear would count as two categories for the Penthalon.
1. Costuming, pre-1000; 2. Costuming, 1000-1300; 3. Costuming, 1300-1500; 4. Costuming, 1500-End of Period; 5. Costuming for Combat (includes horse barding); 6. Accessories (no headwear); 7. Headwear.
8. Counted Embroidery; 9. Non-counted Embroidery; 10. Beadwork. (does not include jewelry)
11. Non-woven Fabric (sprang, knitting, felting, etc.); 12. Weaving; 13. Cordmaking (replaces Narrow Work); 14. Spinning; 15. Dyeing.
16. Leatherwork; 17. Woodwork; 18. Metalwork; 19. Jewelry; 20. Glass.
Scribal and Heraldic
23. Calligraphy; 24. Illumination; 25. Heraldic Display.
Edible and Potable
26. Cooking; 27. Herbalism; 32. Beers/Ales/Lagers; 33. Meads; 34. Wines; 35. Cordials.
21. Drawing and Painting; 22. Sculpture and Carving; 28. Period Science; 29. Household Goods; 30. Toys; 31. Miscellaneous.
Performance (Register by 4 November)
36. Musical Performance (Period Style, Traditional or Original); 37. Musical Performance (Non-period style / Filk); 38. Storytelling and Drama; 39. Dance; 40. Poetry - Performance; 41. Teaching Demonstration; 42. Other Performances.
Written Categories (Due 1 November)
43. Musical Composition; 44. Research Papers (8 or more pages of text); 45. Research Reports (less than 8 pages of text); 46. Prose; 47. Poetry - written.
**The due date is usually posted as "1 month before competition" but the quicker things are submitted, the sooner the judges can begin. ;-)
|[ TOP ]|
The Northern Lights Arts and Sciences Competition is held every year
in the Northern Region of the the East Kingdom of the Society for Creative Anachronism.
Illustrated N from St. Augustine, De Civitatae Dei, ca 1175, Hs24, f.63.
"Socrates teaching Plato to count"
colored by A.M. using Fireworks
Web site Design, coding and graphics by Alaxandr MacLochLoinn
send me a note ... Alaxandar an Chobhlaigh mac Lochloinn, ( email@example.com )
© 2004-2010 Northern Lights Arts and Sciences Competitions.
all rights reserved except where explicitly noted.
Last updated: Tuesday, September 28, 2010